0300 111 1250
Volunteer Hub project a great success – but what next?
31 October 2016
The Volunteer Hub was a project which ran from January 2014 to September 2016 to support voluntary organisations and volunteers to make the most of the volunteer potential throughout Bucks in order to deliver Prevention Matters services. As planned, the service has now come to an end having supported over 300 groups whose beneficiaries are older and vulnerable adults.
The volunteer hub strengthened links between existing volunteer networks, providing resources to support current services to achieve their outcomes more efficiently. This was achieved by identifying priority areas in need of volunteer development, promotion of volunteering, coordination of recruitment campaigns and ensuring best practice recruitment, screening, training and support of new volunteers.
There is still plenty of support available to you from Community Impact Bucks:
- Free Volunteering and Funding Advice Surgeries to receive 1-2-1 expert advice and support - events
- New Futures Buckinghamshire (you may be eligible for free specialist support including volunteer recruitment)
- VCS Training
- Continued promotion of VolunteeringBucks
- LinkedIn Volunteer Co-ordinator forum – a closed group for co-ordinators to share information. Please contact Hazel to be added
- Role promotion - apply to be a featured opportunity on Volunteering Bucks by filling in fields here.
Help with volunteer recruitment
Do-it, the national volunteering site, is your gateway to finding volunteers. To help you get started, we’ve produced a step by step guide to setting up your organisation and posting opportunities. If this seems a daunting task or you’re having difficulty, please enquire and a member of our team will be able to walk you through it.
You can download a copy of the Volunteer Hub final report here.