0300 111 1250
Funding for churches
5 December 2016
New grants are available to churches from the National Churches Trust and ChurchCare.
ChurchCare - grants open to applicants
ChurchCare, the Church of England's national resource to support parish churches and cathedrals offers grants to Anglican churches across England to help care for and preserve these buildings. Grants vary in size and are being offered under the following funding streams:
- paintings and wall paintings (application deadline 19 Dec 2016)
- clocks (application deadline 30 January 2017)
- fabric repairs (application deadline 13 February 2017)
- organs (application deadline 3 April 2017)
- bells (application deadline 2 May 2017)
- monuments (application deadline 22 May 2017)
- timberwork (application deadline 22 May 2017)
- textiles (application deadline 22 May 2017)
- metalwork (application deadline 22 May 2017)
- churchyard structures (application deadline 22 May 2017)
- church plate (application deadline 22 May 2017)
- books and manuscripts (application deadline 22 May 2017)
- stained glass (application deadline 24 July 2017)
For more information visit www.churchcare.co.uk
National Churches Trust's Maintenance Grants Programme Launches
The National Churches Trust, in partnership with the Pilgrim Trust, has set up a pilot programme offering grants of between £1,000 and £2,500 for listed church buildings that need small, urgent maintenance repairs.
Applicants must be able to demonstrate they have already raised 50% of the total repair costs and are expected to acheive one of the following:
- heritage in better condition
- churches will be more sustainable
Applications will be accepted from listed churches, chapels and meeting houses of any age as long as they are open for public worship or have plans to reopen the buildings and a congregation ready to use the building.
There will be three funding rounds in 2017 and the first deadline for application is 4 January 2017.
For more information visit http://www.nationalchurchestrust.org/our-grants/maintenance-grants