0300 111 1250
Health Jamboree - High Wycombe, 1st May 2017
29 March 2017
The Wycombe African and Caribbean Community Forum are holding a health jamboree on 1st May from 12noon to 5pm.
The event, to be held at the Hilltop Community Centre, Crest Road, HP11 1UA, is an opportunity to access screening and advice on the common health challenges that are prevalent within the African and Caribbean community. Advice will be on offer covering:
- Eye health: glaucoma, diabetes etc.
- Pharmacy: medicines review, role of pharmacist etc.
- GP services: blood pressure testing/measuring, diabetic advise, etc.
- Mental health desk
- Lifestyle/health and exercise advice
- Donation awareness: bone marrow & blood donation, sickle cell anaemia etc
- Drug awareness (substance abuse), Smoking advice.
- Promotion of the Healthy Child Programme.
The event is open for everyone and will include food tasting, music and freebies.
Download the flyer here.