13-00 – 14:30
1. Making your website work for you
You need to know what it is you want your website to do if you are going to make it work for you. This session will help you to explore:
- Who is your target audience?
- User journeys
- Research & planning
- Designing your own vs agency
- Options to consider e.g. layout, banners, surveys, links
- Google Adwords
2. Attract and partner with communications volunteers to help promote your cause.
Media Trust will help you to identify the key communications and marketing challenges that your organisation has, and the skills that you need to attract volunteers to successfully promote your cause. This will be followed by examples of their volunteer-led events, and a demonstration of their online matching platform to help you find highly experienced communications volunteers.
Community Impact Bucks will lead a practical session revealing what constitutes an engaging volunteer role description, and you will have the opportunity to draft one of your very own and receive expert guidance and feedback. Inspirational case studies revealing the key ingredients for a successful volunteer partnership will then be shared!
3. 10 top tips on how to make the most of radio airtime
- How to make the most of radio airtime
- How to develop your radio news-story
- How to ensure that your story is of interest to the audience
- What impact do you want your message to have?
- What outcome do you want your message to achieve?
- Who is the right person to represent your charity on the radio?
- Top 10 tips for an impactful radio experience
15:00 – 16:30
1. Advanced Social Media
Social Media Platforms and Trends
- Looking at changes to the platforms and user behaviours
- What’s new and how the technology is evolving
- Tips to increase engagement with your profiles
- Customer service via social media
- Service delivery using social media
Laying Strategic Social Foundations
- What are your objectives and goals for social media?
- What will you measure, analyse, optimise and report?
Social Media Organic and Paid
- How feed ranking algorithms affect your content and what you can do about it
- Key steps in planning a social networking advertising campaign
- Defining audiences and creating lookalike audiences
Measurement and Tracking
- Tips and tricks for measuring your impact online
- Free and low cost tools to deepen your social media marketing expertise
Small Group Activity or Ask Me Anything
2. Branding and Reputation
A compelling workshop to define the strengths and weaknesses in your brand reputation and customer perception.
- Are you making the most of your brand?
- What do your customers say about your brand?
- Having a brand means having a plan!
- Brand loyalty and Corporate Social Responsibility
- Enhance your brand reputation.
This workshop is about getting under the skin of brands and finding out how they work. It’s about discovering how businesses of all kinds can deliver greater value from their brand. The process itself will be inspiring and enlightening for all taking part. ‘Thinking like a brand’ will open your eyes to new opportunities and give you the confidence to go for them.
3. How to get press coverage for your cause – press and online workshop
An ideal opportunity to find out how to get press coverage for your cause – what would make Bucks Free Press run your story. This session includes:
- How to write a press release
- How to ensure that your story stands out
- How to tailor your messaging to your audience
- Timing your press item for the most impact
- When to use press and when to take your message online
- Press vs online – different audience? Different messaging?