0300 111 1250
What is Community Transport?
Community Transport is a volunteer based transport solution run for the community by the community. It is designed to meet a local need and be used by those who cannot access or use conventional public or private transport. The scope and range of service offered by each scheme is determined by the community. Some cover transport GP and hospital transport; some cover social and shopping trips; some use volunteer drivers; some have access to a community bus.
Why is it needed?
Community Transport provides a service where there are unmet needs in a community. These could include:
· Lack of accessible transport for those with disabilities, or who are infirm
· Geographical isolation, where traditional transport services do not adequately serve rural and remote areas.
· Reduction in public transport services
· Prohibitive cost of private transport solutions.
Community Impact Bucks envisages growing need for community transport schemes across the county. Buckinghamshire is a rural community with an ageing population. Public Transport coverage for the county has reduced markedly over recent years, and this will continue, particularly in the light of budget challenges faced by Buckinghamshire County Council.
Support from Community Impact Bucks
Community Transport Hub
The Community Transport Hub delivers signposting information, advice and guidance to Buckinghamshire residents without access to public/private transport and is funded by Buckinghamshire County Council. Specifically, the service aims to assist those from vulnerable groups, who are struggling to maintain independence and who have a wide variety of needs and circumstances.
The Community Transport Hub provides information on all aspects of community transport and community transport providers in Bucks - from Dial-a-Ride to community car schemes, mini bus hire and wheelchair accessible taxis.
Please note we cannot make or take any bookings but through our community transport database but we can provide advice on the most appropriate method of transport to meet your needs.
Call the Transport Hub 0800 085 8480 or mobile friendly 01844 348834 (10am–4pm)
Community Transport Schemes
Community Impact Bucks can provide up to 10 days free support to communities wishing to explore potential and appetite for a Community Transport Scheme. Funded by Buckinghamshire County Council we are able to work with an agreed number of communities each year.
We can offer a wide range of bespoke support and advice to help communities, and examples of the support we can provide include:
· Developing needs assessments and online surveys
· Developing business plans
· Running information events
· Provision of exemplar policies, constitutions, role descriptions, induction packs
· Support with Volunteer Recruitment.
· Marketing needs assessments
· Processing of DBS applications and document verification service
· Specialist 1to1 advice sessions
· Bespoke trustee training
For more information or to get involved please contact: Helen Archer firstname.lastname@example.org