0300 111 1250
Free guides and resources for voluntary and community groups.
Our user-friendly guides and resources provide a useful reference to help you develop your group. So whether you are just starting your group, or want or need to improve the way you work, we have a guide for you.
The guides are easy to read on line but can be downloaded if preferred.
- Guide to Voluntary & Community legal structures (with thanks to Voluntary Action LeicesterShire)
- Sample constitution for small voluntary groups
- Guide to committee minutes
Running Your Organisation
- Guide to Employing Staff (with thanks to Voluntary Action LeicesterShire)
- Guide to Policies & Procedures
- Guide to Quality Assurance
- Sample Data Protection Policy
- Sample lone worker and personal safety policy
- Guide to Funding (with thanks to Voluntary Action LeicesterShire)
- Guide to Gift Aid
- How to write a funding application
Other Finance Options
- Guide to Sustainable Funding & Finance options
- How to decide to respond to a tender opportunity
- Guide to Contracts & Completing a Tender
Volunteer Recruitment & Management
- Good Practice Guide to Involving Volunteers
- Guide to the Disclosure and Barring Service
- Involving Volunteers - Checklist
- Involving Volunteers - information from NCVO Knowhow NonProfit
- Involving Volunteers in Care Homes - information from NCVO Knowhow NonProfit
- Useful Links' Document
- Guide to Business Planning (with thanks to Voluntary Action LeicesterShire)
- Guide to Project Planning (with thanks to Voluntary Action LeicesterShire)
- Template for Project Planning
- Guide to Selecting a Consultant
The following information sheets are designed to help you organise community fundraising events
- Running a sponsored event
- Running tombola
- Running a cake sale
- Running a Quiz night
- Running a safari dinner
The Association of Chairs has produced a free guide to help chairs explore and strengthen the relationship they have with their CEO. It is intended primarily for chairs, both new and experienced, but will also be useful to vice chairs, trustees, CEOs and governance advisers.
Reasonable efforts have been made to ensure that the information in these documents is accurate and up to date but Community Impact Bucks cannot accept responsibility or liability for any loss or damage resulting from their use. They are intended as a brief summary for guidance only and legal advice should be sought where appropriate. The inclusion of any other organisations in a document or weblink is for signposting purposes and does not imply any endorsement of them.