Publicity Lead – Volunteer role 🧑💻
Time needed: 5-10 hours per week.
✔️ Develop new skills for your CV
✔️ Make a difference in your community
✔️ Keep your spirits up
As long as the pandemic goes on, residents need to know that Mutual Aid is still here to support them. The Publicity Team works to make Mutual Aid known across High Wycombe, but we need your help to continue reaching people!
The current Publicity Lead needs to step back and we are looking for someone to lead the Publicity team in an exciting new phase as we start to come out of lockdown and continue to support the community in new ways.
The role of the Publicity Lead is to lead the stream, providing direction and support to the team as needed. The current Publicity Lead will still be around for any questions. We are a friendly team of volunteers, who support each other and stay in touch between meetings.
The Publicity Lead role will take 5 hours per week on average, sometimes closer to 10 hours. Your volunteering can be done whenever suits you.
The Publicity Lead is responsible for the following activities:
- Publicity strategy and direction for the team.
- Agree agenda and chair the fortnightly Zoom meetings.
- Work with the team to generate ideas for publicity. Oversee the resulting actions and support the team with their actions if needed.
- Manage the Action log – archiving completed tasks, reminding people to update their actions, noting items that require discussion.
- Check the email account and Slack for topics relevant to publicity.
- Ensure everyone in the team is kept in the loop, has work to do but not too much, has opportunity to discuss and try out their ideas.
- Maintain good relationships with the others streams including Social Media, Comms, Partnerships, and Stream Leads.
Alternatively, you could be the Publicity Deputy or a team member if you want to get to know the organisation first or you are unsure about the time commitment.
Other Publicity team activities include:
- Helping run our social media (Facebook, Instagram, or Twitter) – creating content and moderating posts.
- Writing content for internal and external communications (newsletters, press releases, etc.)
- Speaking on the radio.
- Keeping track of Covid-related news and other research.
- Taking minutes at our meetings.
We are looking for someone who is proactive, reliable and keen. If you have any experience with leadership or publicity, that would be a bonus but is not necessary.
Whether you have tons of experience or none, there’s a part you can play and we’d love to hear from you!
Here’s what the current Publicity Lead, Beth, had to say: “I have absolutely loved leading this team over the past year. My skills have grown massively and I’ve been part of something amazing that is having such an impact on the community. It’s truly a great team to be part of and we all support each other.”
If you are interested in this position please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
This advert has been published on our Facebook page and ideally we would prefer that applicants use that format to submit their application.
The closing date is the 20th of April 2021.