Handy Helpers Team Assistant, Community Impact Bucks
Part-time role, 7 hours per week – £3,500 pro rata- (17,500 FTE)
6-month fixed term contract (FTC) – with potential for extension
Based at our depot in Aylesbury and involves driving across Buckinghamshire using the charity’s minibus and occasional attendance at the organisation’s main office in Monks Risborough
Do you have or would you like to build on your DIY/Handyperson/Gardening skills?
Would you like to improve the home environment of vulnerable, elderly, and disabled people?
Do you enjoy working as part of a team?
If you are able, enthusiastic and have basic gardening & DIY skills, this could be the role for you.
At Community Impact Bucks, we are passionate about helping people to get involved and make a difference in their communities.
- We support hundreds of communities and causes across Buckinghamshire by helping charities and voluntary groups to be the best they can be – perhaps by helping them find funding, run their organisation, or find volunteers.
- By helping local residents to find volunteering roles, we support people who want to give back to their communities while at the same time help local charities to find the volunteers that they may need to support vital services.
- And through our community services, we help to build strong, resilient communities and directly help people – the elderly, vulnerable and socially isolated – where we see an unmet need.
Enthusiastic with a positive attitude and a sense of humour; you will have basic gardening & DIY skills.
You will have the ability to demonstrate a respectful and non-judgmental approach to volunteers, clients, and colleagues.
Provides a basic gardening and handyperson service to vulnerable elderly and disabled people in Buckinghamshire, supporting and enabling them to stay independent and remain in their homes for longer by providing internal and external repairs and odd jobs. Find more about the project here.
Key tasks include:
- Carrying out basic handyperson and gardening tasks under the supervision of the Handy Helpers Team Leader.
- Liaising with the Handy Helpers Team Leader on the day-to-day activities of the service.
- Ensuring that tools and equipment are counted in/out during each visit.
- Working with the Handy Helpers Team Leader to ensure that the van, equipment, and storage premises are always left secure, kept clean, tidy and in good condition.
- Removal of waste and debris after completing work, leaving the site clean and tidy.
- Supporting volunteer team members in their volunteering role.
- Has basic knowledge of gardening, DIY and Trade practices.
- Interested and able to learn how to operate equipment and power tools.
- A good communicator and able to work as part of a team.
- Capable of following instructions efficiently.
- Understanding of the special needs of older and vulnerable people
- Willingness to be flexible when required
- Positive attitude and a sense of humour!
- Willingness to extend current knowledge and skills through training, periodicals, and e-Learning
- Holder of a full Driving Licence
Diversity & Inclusion
Community Impact Bucks is committed to challenging inequality and values the diversity of our communities in Buckinghamshire. We recognise that reflecting that diversity will only ever make our organisation better. We work to ensure an inclusive culture where colleagues feel welcomed and supported to succeed and thrive. We encourage applications from people of all backgrounds, particularly those from under-represented communities.
How to apply
For more information, please download the Job Description.
Please apply via the Charity Job website with a CV and a cover letter explaining how your skills, experience and interests meet the Job Description and Person Specification.
Closing Date for Applications: Friday 3rd December 2021 at 9 am
Interviews: Week beginning Monday 6th December 2021
Interviews will take place via: Zoom