Heart of Bucks has opened its #iwill fund, which focuses on increasing youth volunteering and social action, with a particular focus on deprived areas.
Worth a total of £40,000 available, grants of between £1,000 and £5,000 will be awarded to projects which can demonstrate any of the following:
- Seek to increase participation from young people from less affluent social economic groups, hard to reach groups and people who might not usually take part in social action
- Are working with people at the younger end of the spectrum (10-14 years)
- Build the appetite of young people to continue with social action; support habit-forming behaviour; leave a legacy of behaviour/activity after the funding stops
- Involve young people in the planning, delivery and evaluation
- Give young people the opportunity to learn new skills and develop their character and confidence
- Give young people the platform to get their voice heard
The money for this fund has been provided by Step Up To Serve, Big Lottery Fund and the Government Office for Civil Society.
All applications must be submitted by midday 6th June 2018. For more information and to complete an online application, go to http://heartofbucks.org/iwill-fund/.Back