Celebrating the achievements of women working or volunteering in charity in Buckinghamshire
Community Impact Bucks is launching the first ever Buckinghamshire Women in Charity Awards to celebrate the amazing achievements of women from across Buckinghamshire who are working or volunteering in the charity sector.
The Awards aim to raise awareness of the many inspirational initiatives led by and involving women in the county and recognise their valuable contribution to our communities. Award winners and those highly-commended by the judges will be announced on International Women’s Day (8th March) in an online award ceremony (12-1pm).
Community Impact Bucks is calling for nominations of women who deserve recognition for their outstanding work and efforts – whether employed or volunteering in the charity sector. Nominations can be submitted by anyone including colleagues, friends, family as well as people who have been helped by them. Women are also encouraged to be proud and nominate themselves.
The four award categories are:
- Outstanding Leadership in the Charity Sector
- Trailblazer in the Charity Sector
- Outstanding Volunteer
- Young Charity Woman of the Year
The deadline for nominations is 28th February (midnight); further information on the Awards, including award criteria and nomination forms, can be found on the Buckinghamshire Women in Charity Awards webpage.
“International Women’s Day on 8th March gives us a great reason to celebrate all the amazing work being done by women in Buckinghamshire to support local communities -whether in a paid or volunteer role,” commented Katie Higginson, CEO of Community Impact Bucks. “There are so many incredible stories out there and we feel it is really important to share them to not only celebrate the difference that is being made now but also to inspire others.”
Community Impact Bucks is also holding two free events on International Women’s Day (Monday 8th March) to highlight the role of women in charity in our communities: an online seminar, Charities, Women and Leadership in Buckinghamshire, for charities, community groups and local organisations to hear and share ideas about women and leadership (10-11.45am), and the Buckinghamshire Women in Charity Awards ceremony (12-1.00pm) announcing the winners in this inaugural year. To book a place, go to Community Impact Bucks’ events page.
Buckinghamshire Women in Charity Awards is held in association with Nova Fundraising, Heart of Bucks and Chiltern Institute of Fundraising.
For any media enquiries, please contact Rachel Fisher at Community Impact Bucks: firstname.lastname@example.org/ 01844 617216
- Community Impact Bucks is an independent charity that supports people and groups to get involved and make a difference in Buckinghamshire communities. We offer expert advice and training, help people to find volunteering opportunities, and help charities and not for profit groups to get started, be effective and grow.
- International Women’s Day has a number of missions to help forge a gender equal world. Celebrating women’s achievements and increasing visibility, while calling out inequality, is key. #IWD2021
- Nova Fundraising is a Buckinghamshire based fundraising consultancy offering a range of services specifically aimed at small-medium sized charities which are looking to develop, review or implement a new fundraising programme.