Information on support from Bucks communities and how to get involved
A new online resource for individuals, charities and community groups providing support for Ukrainian refugees in Buckinghamshire has been launched by local charity Community Impact Bucks.
The webpage – Community Support for Ukrainian refugees in Buckinghamshire – provides information on the help already available in the county, and also details of where individuals, charities and community groups can register their offers of support. This includes information for:
- Bucks residents who want to help Ukrainian refugees in the county
- Charities/ community groups in Buckinghamshire which are offering support or facilities to the county’s Ukrainian refugees
- Refugees or hosts in the county who want to find out what support is available within Bucks communities.
“The fantastic community spirit in Bucks is once again at the forefront of responding to a crisis, with local communities coming together to help Ukrainian refugees in the county – whether it is by hosting families in their homes, providing translation services or advice, or helping new arrivals to join in local activities,” commented Katie Higginson, Chief Executive of Community Impact Bucks. “If you are an individual or part of a group currently supporting refugees in the county, or would like to offer your support, our online resources show the help available to you and ways to get involved.”
Buckinghamshire Council set up the Bucks Ukraine Partnership, a cross-sector partnership, to coordinate support for Ukrainian refugees in the county. As part of this, Community Impact Bucks is leading the Community Capacity sub-group which is engaging with charities, community groups and individuals in the community who can offer support.
Martin Tett, Leader of Buckinghamshire Council said: “The support being shown to Ukrainian families by the people of Buckinghamshire is tremendous. Our local strategic partnership, which was formed a few weeks ago, is meeting regularly so we are in the best possible position across the whole of the County to co-ordinate a strong response.”
For any media enquiries, please contact Rachel Fisher: E: email@example.com / T: 01844 617216
- Community Impact Bucks is an independent charity that supports people and groups to get involved and make a difference in Buckinghamshire communities. We offer expert advice and training, help people to find volunteering opportunities, and help charities and not for profit groups to get started, be effective and grow.
- Buckinghamshire Volunteer Matching Service is run by Community Impact Bucks in partnership with Buckinghamshire Council and matches registered volunteers to roles where they are most needed in the county.
- Buckinghamshire Council has a dedicated area on its website for anyone who would like to know more about how they can help/get involved, check out the Helping Hand for Ukraine pages on the Buckinghamshire Council website. It also has an online pledge form on the website where people can offer supplies, translations, toys – this can be accessed here.
- Together with Heart of Bucks, Buckinghamshire Council has also set up a Ukraine Crisis Fund which allows people to donate money that will directly help Ukrainian families arriving in Buckinghamshire.