Do you have a funding or governance problem but you are not sure how to find the answer? Or perhaps you need to boost your funding and would like tips on which funds are suitable for your organisation.
At our one-to-one Advice Plus appointments, we can give you advice on a wide range of funding and governance issues, tailoring all information to your charity or community group.
During the one hour session, we can give ideas about getting funding (where and how) as well as identify areas which could support your fundraising activities such as trustee or volunteer recruitment. We will also signpost you to other resources and organisations which could help and, if appropriate, introduce you to other local charities.
After your Advice Plus appointment, we will send a list of resources which were discussed in the session to help you put your plan into action. We will also agree a date to follow up with you to review progress and give further support if needed.
Here are some examples of areas discussed during previous advice sessions:
- How to start up a charity, community group or social enterprise
- Where to get funding
- Changing your constitution
- How to update areas of governance
- Ensuring your organisation is compliant with legal and regulatory requirements
If you are looking for funding opportunities, we recommend you also register with the Bucks Funding Search, a free searchable database of current funds.
- “Community Impact Bucks is a really useful one-stop-shop for all our fundraising and training needs. It is so useful having this help under one roof rather than having to follow up with numerous other people and organisations.”
- “A very useful ‘sanity check!’”
- “… just wanted to say a big thank you for pointing me in the direction of Heart of Bucks as I was fortunate with my bid for funding – that was down to you providing me with this information and as Coordinator of the support group I would like to thank you.”
Who should attend?
These sessions are for voluntary and community groups already delivering services in Buckinghamshire as well as those looking to set up new charities, community groups or social enterprises.
Who you will be meeting
Helen Cracknell has been helping small charities, community groups and social enterprises with starting up, seeking funding and ensuring good governance for over five years. In her current role as Community Impact Bucks’ Lead Support to Groups, she draws on her extensive experience of service delivery in various not-for profit organisations, including delivering business support to small businesses at start-up and beyond.
There are two appointment slots available (at point of booking, please select the desired slot):
If you are unable to make these appointments, please email Helen Cracknell to arrange a convenient time to meet face-to-face or for a telephone appointment.