Are you looking to recruit new Trustees, but don’t know where to start? 40% of Buckinghamshire charities and community groups in our recent survey said that they needed help with Trustee recruitment. If this is something that you could benefit from, this relaxed and highly interactive workshop will equip you with the relevant skills and knowledge to strengthen your Board.
This practical workshop will:
- Examine why people become Trustees, and how to attract them to your organisation
- Look at succession planning – and why it is important
- Make you think about what key roles/skills your Board needs
- Give you a wide variety of ideas for finding new Trustees
- Provide guidance regarding Trustee selection and induction
- Enable you to draw up an action plan for your organisation.
Facilitated by Hazel Finney, Lead for Volunteering at Community Impact Bucks. Hazel is responsible for supporting voluntary, community and commercial organisations in Buckinghamshire with their volunteering needs, and promoting volunteering throughout the county. She has experience of advising a wide variety of organisations on Trustee recruitment, particularly as an approved provider under Buckinghamshire County Council’s New Futures Buckinghamshire Scheme (this scheme has now ended). Hazel also volunteers on the Events Committee of the Association of Volunteer Managers.
Quote from previous participant, “The most valuable aspect of the session was the importance of a recruitment process. Get it established and working for you.”
Who should attend?
Anyone responsible for recruiting Trustees/Committee Members of charities/community groups in Buckinghamshire.
£40 - £65