Volunteer Managers’ Network – Moving forward and looking ahead
In this Buckinghamshire Volunteer Managers’ Network session, we will be discussing how the pandemic has changed some volunteering roles to such an extent that they may no longer exist within our organisations. Can volunteers be slotted into another role? Have you got plans on how to re-engage with your volunteers that have been unable to help over the past year? Or perhaps your organisation is planning to reopen but is unsure how volunteers can be involved?
Buckinghamshire Volunteer Managers’ Network series is an opportunity for volunteer managers to connect and exchange ideas and information in a relaxed, informal setting – join us to share your plans and learn from each other as we look ahead as COVID-19 restrictions ease.
You will also have an opportunity to hear from our guest speaker Vron Corben, Chair of Winslow Big Society Group, who will be sharing her experiences and insights of running a successful community group during the pandemic as well as plans for the future. Vron set up Winslow Big Society Group in 2012 to help all sectors of the Winslow community, incorporating a community car scheme and running events such as the Friendship Lunches, Singing for Pleasure, and Summer Playschemes. Starting with just a handful of volunteers, the Group now has over 100 who have been invaluable during the pandemic.
There will be one breakout session where attendees will discuss and share experiences and advice on the following:
- Successful volunteering in the pandemic
- How the pandemic has changed volunteering
- How to re-engage and motivate volunteers after lockdown – looking ahead.
Who should attend? Anyone (paid/unpaid) involved with recruiting/managing volunteers for charities, community groups or social enterprises that deliver services in Buckinghamshire with a turnover of £100,000 or below. Whether you’re new in your role with lots of questions, or experienced and looking to exchange fresh ideas, everyone is welcome. Please note this event is only for Bucks organisations where beneficiaries are in Bucks.
Your facilitator: Lew Headley, VCSE and Community Development Officer at Community Impact Bucks, has a background in working with children and families, and mentoring young people. He has experience in training volunteers, recruiting boards of trustees, setting up small community projects, and supporting volunteers.
Feedback from past attendees:
- “Sharing at this level alleviates silo working within the charity sector, especially during the pandemic” – Melinda Orton, Aylesbury Youth Action
- “I think I probably would have continued to feel a little isolated in my role; I have a great team around me but it’s nice to be able to talk to others who have a fresh or different perspective to similar challenges” – Lauren Fairhurst, CSSC Sports & Leisure
How to book: Places for this free event are limited so book soon. We are operating a waiting list so if you are unable to join us on Zoom on the day, we will email the recording of the main group discussion, and any resources shared, after the event.
Questions about this event? Please email the Community Impact Bucks volunteering team.
Links to our online volunteering resources:
• Read the latest advice and guidance on volunteering for voluntary groups during the pandemic on COVID-19 volunteering advice for groups.
• Do you need more volunteers? Find out how the Volunteer Matching Service could help you.
• Have a look at our online advice on recruiting volunteer on our We need volunteers webpage.