Community Impact Bucks Communities Prepared training
This session is designed for volunteers looking to develop their community’s resilience to emergencies such as flooding, snow, other severe weather events or utilities failures.
It is an opportunity to learn about what community resilience means and what it could look like, find out about the support on offer through Community Impact Bucks, understanding the training materials and develop an action plan.
What you will learn in the training :-
• Improved co-ordination for flood resilience in your community
• Identify risks, and prevention and mitigation
• Create a community flood plan
• Help everyone at risk respond quickly when flooding happens
• Decide which practical actions to take, before, during and after a flood
• Reduction in community-wide damage
• Working with other partners in the emergency services, utilities and voluntary sectors
Anyone attending this training will find out about the Heart of Bucks Flood Recovery and Awareness Fund, how to apply to it and examples of how the grant could be used including:
– Capital items to replace those destroyed by flooding
– Emergency repairs as a result of flood damage
– Venue/room hire costs for relocating activities as a result of flooding
– Community projects to prevent future flooding
– Training for flood damage/prevention
Who should attend?
Please note that the event is for organisations whose beneficiaries are in Buckinghamshire and priority will be given to organisations with a turnover of £100,000 or below. Spaces are limited.
How to book: The event will be held on Zoom on Thursday 27th January from 13.00pm to 15.00pm. If you are unable to attend, we will be operating a waiting list and will email the recording of the main group discussion and any resources shared after the event.