A: How big is your imagination?! There are so many different opportunities on offer, it’s up to you to decide whether you prefer doing something you’re already familiar with, or take the plunge and try something new.
Most organisations will value your time and energy above anything else, and will probably offer training to help you in your new role.
Sometimes organisations do require specific skills, but if you’re not sure get in touch with them for more information.
Here’s some examples of recent local volunteering opportunities:
- Office admin
- Working in a charity shop
- Develop a marketing or business plan
- Become a Trustee – get involved in the running of a charity
- Help plan and organise fundraising events
- IT – show other volunteers and staff how to use computers
- Manage woodland and outdoor spaces
- Sports coaching
- Visit an older person
- Drive someone to a hospital appointment