Employer-supported volunteering (ESV) is an initiative which is led by employers to support their staff to volunteer during working hours. The volunteering activities can be practical or skills-based.
This form of volunteering is also called team volunteering, corporate volunteering, group volunteering, or employer volunteering.
Types of Employer-supported volunteering (ESV)
ESV takes many forms and can vary by:
- Type of volunteering activity – for example, it can be practical such as a renovation project, or skills-based such as providing expertise through workshops or mentoring.
- Number of employees involved – ESV can be carried out as a group or by individuals.
- The length and nature of the volunteering – ESV can range from a one-off event such as marshalling a public event, to a long term commitment. An example of a long term, recurrent activity is where employees volunteer to read with primary school children.
- How it is arranged – ESV can be organised by employers or alternatively responsibility can be passed to employees to arrange their own ESV activity.
Employer-supported volunteering (ESV) in Buckinghamshire
Not-for-profit organisations which have a Bucks-based project that requires volunteers, and organisations which are looking for an Employer-supported volunteering opportunity should send their details to firstname.lastname@example.org. This information will then be published on this page for interested parties to get in touch directly with each other.
- If you are a charity or community group in Bucks wanting to promote your opportunities for ESV, email email@example.com with the following information: type of volunteering opportunity, time/dates, location, any other specifics including whether you would like a financial contribution, contact name and email/phone number.
- If you are a business in Bucks looking for ESV opportunities, email firstname.lastname@example.org with the following information: the size of your volunteer team, availability, preferred volunteering area in Bucks (if applicable), contact name and email/phone number.