County thanks Bucks residents volunteering on charity boards during Trustees’ Week
Marking national Trustees’ Week (1-5 November 2021), local charity Community Impact Bucks has launched a new online resource, the Community Impact Bucks Healthcheck Tool, to help trustees (board volunteers) identify ways to strengthen their charities or not-for-profit organisations.
The Healthcheck Tool provides a list of questions that trustees, and other charity leaders including Chief Executives, should ask periodically to enable them to better understand whether the correct policies and procedures are in place, and that they are adhering to ‘Best Practice’.
The free tool looks at six core areas of running and developing your organisation – Strategy and Business Planning, Governance, Leadership, Marketing and Communications, Finance and Funding, and Recruitment and Training. On completing each section, the tool provides a list of all the actions that need to be taken, as well as advice on where to look for more information. The Healthcheck Tool can be accessed for free on the Community Impact Bucks’ website.
“The Community Impact Bucks Healthcheck Tool provides a simple and easy way for charity leaders – many of whom are volunteers on a board or committee – to quickly identify areas that need attention to ensure their organisations meet legal requirements and operate efficiently,” commented Katie Higginson, CEO of Community Impact Bucks.
“Trustees’ Week also is a great time to acknowledge the amazing work that volunteer board members do, providing their time and invaluable knowledge to charity boards throughout the county. People from all walks of life can get involved and make a difference, whilst also developing leadership skills and gaining new experiences which can enhance career opportunities.”
More information on how to become a trustee, including the latest trustee roles in Buckinghamshire, can be found on our Trustee and Board Volunteering webpage. Existing board/ committee volunteers can request tailored support as well as access a wide range of online resources including:
- Latest guidance on board responsibilities and legal duties in our Governance section
- Advice on how to develop trustee roles and recruit a diverse range of individuals to build a strong and effective board in our We need volunteers section
- Resources and tools for charity leaders – including the NCVO trustee skills audit tool – on our Leadership page.
For any media enquiries, please contact Rachel Fisher or Chanel Smith
E: email@example.com / T: 01844 617216
E: firstname.lastname@example.org/ T: 01844 617227
- Community Impact Bucks is an independent charity that supports people and groups to get involved and make a difference in Buckinghamshire communities. We offer expert advice and training, help people to find volunteering opportunities, and help charities and not for profit groups to get started, be effective and grow.
- Community Impact Bucks’ online resources for voluntary groups in the county, including the Healthcheck Tool, are provided as part of the VCSE Support Service which is funded by Buckinghamshire Council. Through this service, charities and groups can access tailored advice, guidance and bespoke support on all aspects of running their organisation including leadership, funding, governance and volunteer recruitment and management. Priority is given to organisations with income under £100,000.
- Trustees’ Week is an annual event which showcases the great work that trustees do and highlight opportunities for people from all walks of life to get involved and make a difference.